Monday, February 7, 2011

What Ben would think if the power went out

Ben wrote this little scenario for a writing exercise in school the other day. I'm glad I know his teacher and she knows I'm normal.

If the power went off for a day I would be very sad. I would miss my Wii the most. I can watch movies on it. That lets my mom cook. I get to watch a movie while she cooks. That makes it so she can cook dinner. If the power went off, I would not be able to watch TV, and my mom would not be able to cook. That's why we need power.

I hope the power stays on, otherwise we'll be bored AND hungry.

6 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I'm still laughing at this. :) So funny!!

I wonder if that same logic applies at my house---if Russ can't watch TV, do I still have to cook dinner?

Jeanne said...

Hahahahaha! I love a kid's perspective!!

In Primary we want to write down all the funny stuff the kids say and save it for a talk in Sacrament. My daughter once told her nursery leaders that when she is naughty we put her in the fireplace where it is very hot-just like the fiery furnace in the scriptures. We all laughed about that for a long time!

Unknown said...

I am always so happy when other moms are BUSTED. So funny.

Well, some women need peace in the kitchen to get the best results.

I am thinking this could have been so much worse...like if my kids were asked to write something about the power going out.

Ben is good. Tell him I was thoroughly entertained.

Yo Mama said...

What kind of circus are you running over there????? Don't you have more things to enrich your poor children's lives??? Sheesh, I hope Calvin's teacher never poses that question to him. I'd be in deep doo-doo.

julie said...

Ben got it right, movies and food is all we really need and without them we are lost :) So cute!

Nanette said...

I'm so glad he has his priorities straight!