- 25 books! I finally broke free of the 23 rut!
My favorites this year (in no particular order) were Man's Search for Meaning, Maniac Magee, The Princess Bride, Mrs. Mike, Liar and Spy, and Les Miserables. I liked and would recommend them all for different reasons.
The rest all pretty much ranged between fine and good too, no really big losers this year I think. Crow Country, Cavendish Home, Divergent and Theodosia were probably the most meh, but you know, they weren't horrible.
Happy reading in 2014!
- A Year Down Yonder - Richard Peck
- Divergent - Veronica Roth
- The Rent Collector - Camron Wright
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor E. Frankl
- Beauty - Robin McKinley
- The Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clay Christiensen
- Smugglers' Island - Avi
- The Willoughbys - Lois Lowry
- Bel Canto - Ann Patchett
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot
- Crow Country - Kate Constable
- The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls - Claire Legrand
- Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli
- The Princess Bride - William Goldman
- Wonder - R.J. Palacio
- Mrs. Mike - Benedict and Nancy Freedman
- A Raisin in the Sun - Lorraine Hansberry
- Freak the Mighty - Rodman Philbrick
- Liar and Spy - Rebecca Stead
- Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos - R.L. LaFevers
- The Light Between Oceans - M.L. Stedman
- Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
- The Cellist of Sarajevo - Steven Galloway
- To The Rescue - Heidi Swinton