Sunday, September 1, 2013

Just Afton

I wanted to take some photos of Afton on this cool cement bench. On the drive there she was full of deep questions, "When we die will we still look like us?" We had to park a little further away than I thought, but she assured me she was fine to walk a little, "Because I'm not even carrying anything." I wanted her to have fun and not feel like it was a chore, so I told her to just do whatever she wanted. She spent at least 20 minutes steadily dancing all over the place and softly singing to herself, glancing my way on occasion. Afterward we hit a playground on the way back to the van, then came home and played a rousing game of Sorry. She won and I didn't even let her. We miss the big kids at school, but it's fun to hang out alone together too.















6 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving your photography. You get better and better. Are you shooting manual? I noticed before this post but thought I should finally say something. Way to go.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I think you're becoming the next "Design Mom." You are so talented in so many ways. This series of pix of Miss Afton reminds me of something Design Mom would post. Simply lovely.(Afton and photography)

julie said...

so cute! love the dancing. where is this place??

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun day. Thanks for sharing it with us.

--Dan

Lori said...

Thanks guys. Alice, yeah, I read the entire instruction manual within about a week of getting the camera and jumped right in to manual. Because I'm a geek like that.

Julie, it's along Cherokee Blvd. where I like to run.

lisa said...

Beautiful and so Afton! I can hear her softly singing now :)