Thursday, June 19, 2008

Have you heard of Blurb yet?


If not, check it out. You will love it. I'm pretty sure I heard about it first from Design Mom (where else?) a few months back. I think this is pretty much the coolest idea ever. You design a book online with your own photos and text and layout and everything, then the good people at Blurb make it into a real book. A real book with glossy pages and full-bleed images, and it can be soft or hard cover, and different sizes and you can order just one or many. The prices are extremely reasonable for a single printing. You can make one for your wedding, your blog, your family recipes, your collection of sunset photos, your vacation, whatever. I'm trying to think of clever gift-books I could make. I've decided that once I catch up in my scrapbooking to the point in life when I got a digital camera (that is to say once I've run out of actual photos in a box and I'm left with images on my hard drive) I'm switching over to this system. I think it will be easier and much cheaper than getting all those photos printed and buying all the little papers and such and an album. I'm excited. I don't know if I can wait until I actually catch up, I still have a year or two left of photos in a box. And I just think this is so cool. Am I right, folks?

4 comments:

andrea said...

I made one using i photo on my mac. It looked a lot like these. I gave it to my mom for mother's day. She took it with her to enrichment to brag. Which she never does, so I'm pretty sure it was a hit! I think it's fair for you to do some of these and alternate it with the actual scrap booking. Then you get the best of both worlds. Right, variety is the spice of life. or so they say...

Antho said...

Hey Lori,
Yeah, blurb is pretty cool. Also check out lulu.com, which will take a straight pdf or word doc and print it to a book. Heidi just published a year's worth of her blog to a pretty nice looking book. We got it just this week and are so excited about the great quality. She just posted some pics on our blog.

julie said...

I did 6 scrapbook pages yesterday in my efforts to get closer to this goodness!

Lori said...

I've never heard of lulu.com, I will definitely have to check that out!