Monday, July 28, 2008

Escapee

I don't have a photo for this post. I can't take one because I would hit Lydia with her door if I tried to open it right now. I would hit her because she's asleep on the floor right in front of the door. She's sleeping there because after opening the door and sneaking out three times I locked her in. She was able to open the door because she can now climb out of her crib. *sigh*
I suppose the day was coming, we're planning to move her in with Emma when the baby's born anyway. She'll be sleeping in the bottom bunk then. I have absolutely no idea how that is going to work out. Frankly it scares me. I think she'll spend more time jumping on the top bunk than sleeping on the bottom one. It begins, I suppose...

P.S. We found out last week that our new baby is a GIRL! Name suggestions please?

5 comments:

andrea said...

Congrats! on the girl, not on the fact that Lydia is climbing out of her crib! Or that you had to lock her in! (haha) I am having neither of those problems with Bentley, sometimes he asks to lay down for his nap. He is however, refusing to pray, throwing toys, and yelling "NO!" very loudly (mostly in objection to prayer). I think the Lord is disciplining him on that one though, because he lost his voice today and is as meek as a little kitten. I'm really hoping it's just divine punishment and not a cold. A girl can dream right?

What about Sophia?

Jeanne said...

Talitha suggests Julia ("and", she said, "it ends with 'a' like Emma & Lydia").

josikoha said...

hilarious. i wish there were a whole blog devoted to the funny ways/places toddlers fall asleep.

and if i were capable of having female offspring the names i would choose are Jane, Lucy, or maybe Jenica Jr. a friend of mine from school named her daughter Vivian - i liked that one too.

Unknown said...

What about Sophia? :)

Love Julia and Vivienne. Also love Claire and that sounds really good with Cruze.

Our Bella was almost a Lucy.

Eliza or Olivia also goes with your girls names.

Whatever you choose, I will like it.

Oh the sadness of losing your napping child to their ability to get out of the crib...boo hoo for you.

tiff said...

Oh my gosh, Lori!!! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!!!!
(Guess I missed a bigger stretch of your posts than I thought...)

Yeah, I have tons of girl names I like. Jake and I have never been at a loss for girl names, but (as you may have noticed) we don't seem to make girls. My favorites: Sophia, Jane, Ruby, Eve, Elizabeth, Guiliana (or Juliana, but Jake likes the italian spelling). I love Lydia and Emma too, but those seen to have been taken. Can you tell I love Jane Austen?