Friday, August 6, 2010

Josh is funny

I love the way the boy thinks. I love the way his thoughts sound when they come out of his mouth. He makes me laugh all the time with the way he tells things.

"Mom, remember that ride at Dollywood that goes really up high and then you go down really fast and it's red, white, and blue?" Yes. "I am never riding that because I'm afraid of heights. [contemplative pause wherein he reviews his statement and checks it for any problems, finding none he concludes:] That's reasonable."

When wearing a t-shirt with a football helmet on it: "I like this shirt because it shows I'm a fan of football."

Josh frequently uses the phrase "you know"at the end of a sentence. As in, he's about to tell me the conclusion of his thoughts, then decides it's too much effort so he throws in a "you know" instead, assuming I'm right there with him and know what he's about to say. Assuming I could possibly follow the complex route his mind has taken. For example, "I don't really like that show any more because, you know."

For another example, "I wish that we lived at the mall with a mansion attached to it...[goes on to describe all the things we could do, such as wading in the fountain, eating at the food court, playing with the toys, etc]...only we wouldn't have it be like a store because you realize, you know." I don't know. What? "Well, it would be pretty distracting with all those people walking around all the time."

1 comment:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Love that Josh and his mind! Still laughing--so cute! And I'd like to come visit often when you move into that mansion attached to the mall. :)