Friday, November 7, 2008

Dear Target Pharmacy,

I don't know quite how to say this, so I'll just go ahead and say it. I think we need to spend a little time away from each other. I love you, you're my favorite pharmacy, but I need a break. I wasn't prepared for the intensity of our relationship. Things have been moving a bit too fast for me lately, it's becoming overwhelming. I need to have my own time and my own space, it can't always be about us together. Please know you haven't done anything wrong. I'm not mad at you. This is my problem, and maybe a little distance will help me sort it out so that we can try again to have a good relationship in the future.

I feel like you're getting a little bit too close to my family as well. I know I'm the one who always comes to see you, but I've noticed over the past two weeks you've had an interest in nearly every single one of us! I appreciate that you're trying to help, I really do. Without you Scott would still have bronchitis, Emma and I would still have pneumonia, and Josh would still have his double ear infection. You're special like that. You've given us not only medicines to heal our bodies but you've healed our hearts as well. Oh why is this so difficult, Target Pharmacy?? It can't be like it was, just an occasional visit for prenatal vitamins. We've been through too much now, and we may have ruined our friendship as a price. But I don't want to say goodbye forever. Please, just give me some time. I think things will work out just fine if I can just have some distance for a little while. Thank you for understanding.

xo, Lori

7 comments:

julie said...

well done!

Jeanne said...

hahahahahaha! But, on second thought, maybe not so funny at your house. You should really consider mailing that to Target. Jared used to send funny letters like that to companies all the time and we got loads of stuff for free. They'd probably mail you a gift card. Not that you'd want to need to use it.

I hope you are all feeling better!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

My favorite by far blog post by you since...well, have you ever had one that mentioned me?
I don't know all the hip abbreviated ways of saying something is funny, but I was CTMIBOTOOLL (chuckling to myself interrupted by occasional times of out loud laughing).

Julie said...

Oh man! You're killin' me! I'm laughing at your post, but not your "sick" situation. I hope everyone is feeling better. I'm sure Target can still be a good friend, you can get together every once in a while.

Julie

josikoha said...

so sorry to hear about your relationship trouble.

Laura said...

You are hilarious. That made me smile. But seriously, hope you guys stay well. :)

tiff said...

Thanks for making me grin widely today, Lori.