Saturday, January 15, 2011

Did I mention the snow?

We got this much.
I'm sure you've seen everyone else's posts about it anyway. I did not take any good photos of it. I took zero of the kids playing in it. Which is a real shame, because I could have gotten some great ones when we walked over to the horse farm next to our neighborhood. They have some fantastic big hills for sledding there. And the huge snowman the kids whipped up would've been nice for posterity. This was the first time I bundled up Afton and let her join in with the frosty fun. She loved it. She loved walking through it, eating it, making snow angels. She loved every minute until she very suddenly decided she hated it and wouldn't stop taking her gloves off and then couldn't stop crying and wailing, "My hands!" because they were freezing. Unfortunately this moment came all the way over at the horse farm...it was a long walk home. Here is how she looked when she was finally home and warming up with some hot chocolate:
Still wearing about half of her layers of clothes from the snow.
And while the big kids stayed a bit longer at the horse farm, they decided to pet some of the horses. Which was all going just fine until one of them made a quick turn and some piece of its equipment slapped Emma right over the eyeball.
Ouch.
Happy Birthday, from your favorite animal.

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Poor Emma. I'm so sorry, and just glad it didn't "poke her eye out." Although the swelling and sore look pretty bad. Kisses better!!

I love the snow picture---just plain and simple, and who can resist a photo of sweet Afton?! Safe and warm inside--looking out. Her onesie says it all.

Unknown said...

I love your new photo up top.

Thanks for the link. :)

And I am so happy that our snow gave us a chance to send our kids to school for two days...especially because they were on a 1 hour delay...my favorite..right after a 2 hour delay.