Sunday, April 22, 2012

Adding to the family




Josh was the luckiest birthday boy ever last month. At Christmastime Josh's wish-list was topped with pet lizard. He talked about it frequently and I tried to gently prepare him in so many words that there was no way in heck he'd be getting one. Santa knows better than that. (Some people around here, possibly I'm one of them, or the only one, lean pretty heavily toward anti-pet. Six hermit crab or little frog funerals in under a year will jade a mom like that.) Then a few weeks before Josh's birthday my friend was looking for a good home for their bearded dragon. I mentioned it to Scott, and even as I said "but I really don't want a pet" I realized my heart of ice was thawing out a little and the idea didn't seem completely repulsive. So say hello to Spikey. We're a family of eight now.
(Thanks Kacey.)

7 comments:

julie said...

love the picture of Josh looking into the cage!

Kacey said...

makes me so happy. he looks well loved. isn't he fun to cuddle? :)

cally said...

oh my gosh. THAT is living in my house next month?

I'm scared.

But Josh looks totally in love.

lisa said...

Did Josh pick out the name or was he already named? Either way I picture Josh loving that name (:

joelb said...

dang, i saw the post title and thought you all were expecting.

just be careful -- those things can get pretty dangerous when they're fully grown.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Holy Moly! I have to say, Spikey kind of creeps me out. But the look on Josh's face (looking into the cage) is priceless!! In fact, it's an award-winning photo.

tiff said...

I'm with Joel. I thought you were announcing a new soul coming to earth... Lizards are nice too. :)