Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Our ward trunk-or-treat was Wednesday night. My family really, truly, all-on-their-own, deeply loves to dress up with a family theme.
Oh, wait.
That's me.
My family members are good sports and go along with my real, true, deep love of dressing up with a family theme. A long time ago (like January) the Wizard of Oz was on TV. We made a fun night of staying up late to watch it and eating popcorn. I gently guided the kids into thinking it was their idea to dress up as Wizard of Oz people for the next trunk-or-treat. It worked! I haven't let them forget it all this time. (The compromise is they can be something different if they want to tonight, which 3/4 of them opted for.) Wasn't it a cute idea? Isn't it the greatest when families all dress up together? Doesn't it make them way cool? I know, I think so too.





[When Josh saw this shot he said, "I don't know why an evil flying monkey is hanging out with the good guys..."]

[Monkey girl gets her wings.]

[The best treats handed out from a trunk that night. Maybe ever. Kebra made them.]

14 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

so cute so cute so cute the outfits, the treats, everything

lisa said...

Very cute Lori. I love family themes too. I love that Lydia was the flying monkey!

Unknown said...

Hey Lori,

Is Scott supposed to be the lion or Toto. He bares a striking resemblance to both. he he

I am so proud of your diligence in getting your whole family to cooperate.

LG and I never dress up.....we rebel against Halloween!

Jeanne said...

I love how you "gently kind" them. We do that too, but for Christmas-so pathetic!
I love your family theme and can say I am quite jealous. My husband is a dad for Halloween every year.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I've never seen such a cute "themed" family! (unless it was the Sexton or Langford themed families) Did you win a prize? You should have. Congratulations on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Themes are great, Lori, but I don't think the Wizard of Oz had a mime character. Maybe Scott should have been Toto or the Cowardly Lion.

julie said...

cute! Good job Lori!

Lori said...

For the record: Scott is the cowardly lion. He's got a painted on nose and whiskers and a red poof-ball tail attached to the back of his belt. And he's wearing all brown. See? I ran out of time to figure out how to make him a good mane. And for Scott, this is quite an effort, dressing up is not his thing, but he'll do it for love.

andrea said...

That's so awesome!! I love themes, too. I wanted us to be the wizard of oz too. Chickie wanted to be the witch, and she was. Bentley refused to dress up. And life got too crazy for Chris and I to be anything. Sad. But I was contemplating dying my wedding dress pink to be glenda the good witch!! ha ha. It was great seeing you guys.

Chickie likes the drawings on your banner and bentley likes lydia's costume.

cally said...

what, huh? we were duped.

fake cruze's not good enough for the flying monkey?

So creative, I love it.

Nanette said...

I love the theme! Great idea! You all look very cute!

Laura said...

Hi Lori! This is Laura Clapp. I have 2 confessions: 1) i sometimes read your blog but haven't told you. haha and 2) i LOVED your family theme. you all were soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with troy on the mime thing. I keep expecting him to start pulling an imaginary rope...:) but man, how cute is this family of wizard of oz folks???

tiff said...

Super cute! I love family themes too and I've always wanted to do Wizard of Oz.....can you enumerate a little more on gently guiding?