Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Favorite Fictional Characters


Our elementary school does a LOT of dress-up days. The whole week of Dr. Seuss's birthday had dress-up themes, the whole week of the book fair had dress-up themes, holidays are dress-up days, kindergartners dress up for the Q and U wedding, first graders dress up for Clown Day, plenty of spirit days sprinkled in here and there. These photos are from "dress-as-your-favorite-fictional-character-day" from the week of the book fair. Ben is Mario (that makes sense since Mario Kart has pretty much taken over our lives since Christmas). Emma is Hermione Granger (since she loves all things Harry Potter, she came up with the ensemble all on her own...I'm not entirely sure how one of Ben's church shirts and a fuzzy glove with the fingers cut off fit in, but she was happy with it).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a minute I thought it was Jonah (the original Mario Brother). Very good, Ben! I love Emma's curly hair! I've never seen her in curls. I like the look! I would recognize Hermione anywhere.

Jeanne said...

Love it! Now I have to move to Tenn. My kids go to Nazi School...they can't even dress up for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read DailyFamily's comment: "My kids go to Nazi School." So funny. Every school needs dress-up days.

tiff said...

Wow. We don't have as many dress up days as that.

The wedding of Q and U is hilarious. It took me like 30 seconds to figure it out. :)