Friday, March 6, 2009

So, about a month ago it snowed...




It was actually a pretty good little accumulation (for Tennessee...stop laughing, Utah). The kids missed two and a half days of school for it. I didn't even take any photos of the kids themselves in the snow...they were all over the neighborhood with all their friends. And it was cold, so the little girls and I stayed in and got the hot chocolate ready. It was really nice, wet, packable snow. These shots are from day three, the aftermath: our Frosty, the battlefield (hard to tell, but there are four different forts in the field next to our house), and footprints on the deck.
Ta-da! Snow, a month late.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the snow pix. I could see the forts just fine, but wondered if there was enough snow left to make the snow balls for the battles. :)

Nanette said...

How fun! We had a bit of snow here ourselves! Just enough for my taste :)

tiff said...

So fun to have some snow days! We don't get out of school here for snow, but I hate fighting crowds for the sledding at our park. So every winter I pick a day when we've had a good snow, and we don't go to school. (Or I check them out.) Then we go sledding and do the hot chocolate thing. I never thought I'd fly in the face of the school system like that....