Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lydia and Mom




We spend a lot of time together, me and Lydi. Emma and Ben are off to school, Josh goes to preschool three days a week, Afton sleeps a lot (and even when she's awake, she's not much for conversation). Lydia's most popular requests during our time together are, "Can I do stamps?", "Will you read to me?", "Can I have a snack?", and "Will you take a picture of me?"
Lydia is quick to share her hugs and kisses. She's very affectionate and gets very excited about things, often giving a gasp of surprise to punctuate her delight. "*Gasp!* My slippers were under the couch!" She likes a good joke and has a great belly laugh. One of my favorite things about her is her low, often raspy voice, it sounds so cute coming out of her little self.
She has no idea she's only two years old. In her mind she is in every way an equal with Emma, Ben, and Josh...heck, or with me and Scott for that matter. I've heard her all too often reprimand the other kids in an awfully familiar manner, "You have a choice. You can stop that right this minute or be in time out."

8 comments:

lisa said...

Awww, I need a Lydi hug right now!

Jeanne said...

That's one cute girl! She looks so much like you, Lori.

joelb said...

gasp! life is so surprising when you're young - so predictable now.

except for your appearance in those photos - i wasn't expecting that. gasp!

Anonymous said...

Lydia is such a wonderful niece! She makes my day when she says Hi or gives smiles cause she has a great spirit! I love you lydia!!

love austin

Anonymous said...

Two going on 20! That's Lydia. What beautiful pictures!

julie said...

so cute! But are Lydia's eyes?

Anonymous said...

Is she a big cheese or what! I love her zest for life and the love she has for a good time.

tiff said...

That's so dear! And I can't remember if I've said this before, but I love seeing pics of you! When you're a mommy, the pics are always of everybody else, and even though I love your family, I loved you first! BTW, your bangs are super cute.