Sunday, March 8, 2009

He can fly...well, not really


Josh undertook the ambitious project of making himself wings. He carefully cut them out of an old cereal box and colored on one side thoroughly with the rainbow crayon. I helped him tape them on to his arms. He flapped around the house for awhile, having a good time. Then as I was doing dishes I heard him jump off the couch and then mumble, "Mmm, rats." I turned to see a slightly confused and dejected look on his face as he looked from the couch to where he stood to his wings, then around that circuit again. I asked if he was trying to fly for real. He explained, "Yeah, I mean, I knew probably I couldn't...but I thought maybe it would work...since I have these wings..." The photo is from before his failed flight. See how hopeful he is?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always hope!

andrea said...

I feel like that sometimes too, Josh. Or would it be sometimes, too. Josh. Comas confuse me.

nbarnes2 said...

so i totally remember doing that. and really kinda hoping somebody else leaves a comment admitting they did too.

Laura said...

Ha this makes me laugh. He is so cute! You gotta love it. haha.

joelb said...

ever seen the SpongeBob episode called "The Sponge Who Could Fly"?

lisa said...

He looks like a cute little flying squirrel getting ready to fly! Sooo cute.

cally said...

Oh, poor Josh.

But he can drive like a mad man!

tiff said...

I love this story. LOVE. This is the beauty of kids. I wish more grown ups did stuff like that....we'd probably find we could fly after all.