Monday, February 1, 2010

New Valentine's Decor

We all know by now that Emma is a budding young artist. One of the things that she asked for and received for her birthday was a pile of blank canvases (thanks G&G!). Before the shrink wrap was off she had plans for half of them. I asked if she'd mind using one to paint me a Valentine's Day decoration. She happily obliged. I like it so much I may commission her for other holidays. Behold--her interpretation of "something valentiney": If I have time I'd like to add to our new hearty decor with this tutorial...but more likely it's just another project doomed to spend eternity in the purgatory bookmarked "Good Intentions."
We'll see.

9 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I'm very "valentined" impressed. Please tell Emma that I love her v-day painting! That girl has talent (just like her Mom).

Brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad said...

When did you guys paint the backs of the bookshelves blue? Love that color combo with the wood floor and fireplace. Emma's art is wicked cool too.

joelb said...

did afton make any valentine decorations? (hint hint hint)

Laura said...

very good job Emma!

Unknown said...

way to go emma. Taking after her aunt cally. they both had canvases posted today. each about love in their own special way.

I gotta ask though...is that a mirror on your mantle or a black and white of a ceiling fan.

I was on a conf call with David Sexton and your wonderful hubby the other night...I felt like I was invited to the important people party. :)

lisa said...

Alice is right, I immediately thought you had a photo of a ceiling fan on your mantle, even though I know it's a mirror because it used to hang in my house :)

Erin_C said...

so cute. i need to hire her to spice up our apartment. ;)

in that first picture I thought you had a framed picture of a fan. i thought maybe it was a special fan from a grandparent's house or something. then I realized it was a mirror.

Lori said...

Ceiling fan artwork is all the rage. Didn't you know?