Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is the reason none of the kids had clean socks on Monday


They had gone through them all three at a time over the weekend.



The good: a snowman as tall as Dad, a wicked-cool fort, sledding all over the neighborhood, hot chocolate, having the neighbor's dog chase snowballs, the stunning lack of having anything n particular to do besides hang out together.

The bad: Emma's birthday party was supposed to be Friday night. We decided to err on the side of caution and postpone it till the next weekend.

(Speaking of Emma, why isn't she in any photos? When she was outside I was inside with Afton. When she decided she was cold enough to come in, I put her in charge of Afton so I could run out and get some shots of the snow-creations. The result? No photos of Emma or Afton.)

2 comments:

lisa said...

Oh wow, I really love that first picture!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I am so impressed with the snow sculptors--one and all. Sounds like a wonderfully fun "snow-in" weekend. Great pix!

I'm waiting for Joel to ask why Afton wasn't out there in the snow.