Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Annual Overnight Mother/Daughter Bookclub

Go ahead and be jealous. I recommend to everyone reading a fantastic book and then leaving town for awhile with some people you really like to discuss it. You don't have to go far, Sevierville will do.
For Mom's birthday we three decided to give her an event. Is it selfish to give someone something you are really going to enjoy too? I hope not. Because I really enjoyed it, but I really wanted to do it for Mom because I thought she would enjoy it. And she did.
Before we left, posing by our big framed photo of a ceiling fan:Serious book-discussion requires pajamas and cake and cookies and cadbury mini-eggs:

We kept saying we'd make it an annual event, but I'm pushing for monthly...or at least quarterly. Maybe we could arrange one sometime when Jenica and Susan are in town? In the meantime, Cruze-women: anyone have a good book recommendation? I have a great idea...

3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

What?! I can't believe we posted at almost the exact same time. Great minds do think alike. Sure enjoyed our over-night meeting of "great minds."

lisa said...

Quarterly sounds really good....

Jenica said...

thats a great photo of all 4 of you. i'd love to bookclub sometime with y'all.